Today, most ceiling fans come with remote controls, and it’s a convenient way of using them. But it’s really frustrating when it stops working. Isn’t it? I had this experience when my house was full of guests and my ceiling fan remote stopped working completely.
I tried different settings, switch settings but nothing seem to work to fix my Ceiling fan remote control allow anyone to change their fan settings remotely. However, these remote controls often malfunction for different reasons. Here’s an easy guide on how to reset ceiling fan remote.
Our Recommended Ceiling Fans
What do I need to reset a ceiling fan remote?
You don’t need a fancy toolbox to reset your fan’s remote, and everything you need can be found at home. Once you have everything, you can start your project. Here are the essential tools you’ll need to reset your fan:
Remote We Recommend
- ☞Fan Remote Control Kit Small - If your...
- ☞Universal Fit- This small ceiling fan...
- ☞Easy Install - Installation of the celling...
1. Change Your Fans Frequency Settings
Your fan might stop functioning properly for several reasons, such as when its frequency settings and remote control are not in sync. By changing your frequency settings, you can pair them again to get your fan up and running. Make sure to observe these steps:
- Please turn off your fan and unplug it from its power supply. By doing this, you’ll avoid the risk of being electrocuted or grounded.
- With a step ladder, reach for your fan. Using your screwdriver, remove the screws from the fan’s canopy, and carefully remove the receiver. Make sure to keep the screws aside and not to lose it.
- Handle the receiver carefully, because this is where you’ll change the settings.
- Look for the dip switch settings on the receiver, and set a new combination. Use the buttons and slide it up or down to create a unique combination and take note of it,
- Once you’re satisfied with the new combination, return the receiver on the fan and make sure to screw the canopy securely.
- On your fans’ remote control, remove the battery. Inside, you’ll find the dip switch for the remote where you have to input the same combination you applied on the receiver.
- Return the battery cover and plug it into a power supply.
After successfully changing your fan’s frequency settings, your remote should work again.
2. Reset the Remote of your fan
Resetting your remote setting is easy, and it only takes a few easy steps. hunter fan remote reset follows the same steps, making the troubleshooting easy.
- Turn of your fan using its dedicated remote control
- Wait for 30 seconds before turning the fan on again.
- For 10 seconds, hold down the off button.
3. Start Pairing Your Fan
Pairing your fan and remote is simple and takes a few easy steps.
- Disconnect your fan from its power supply, and wait for two minutes before turning it back on.
- Within those minutes, simultaneously hold the light and fan button of the remote.
- When you do the steps correctly, you’ll see flashing lights, and your fan will start rotating slowly.
How to Know if Your Ceiling Fan’s Remote or Receiver is Broken?
If you’ve already tried the steps above and it still doesn’t’ work, then something could be wrong with either your fans remote or receiver. You can figure out where the problem lays with these steps:
- If you have a spare remote for your fan, sync it with the combination on your receiver. If it works, then you’ll know your remote doesn’t work.
- If your spare remote doesn’t work, then it’s possible both your fans receiver and remote is not working.
Benefits of Resetting Your Fan
There are a lot of benefits to resetting your fan, and you’re able to maximize its full use. When you’ve had your fan for a long time, chances are its airflow is not as powerful as when you first use it. It could be because it’s now running in the opposite direction, or it’s not getting the right power supply. Through reset, you can restore its function to the first time when you use it and correct the direction of the fan.
Resetting your ceiling fan’s remote control is simple, and you don’t have to panic just yet. The first thing you should do is to check if its batteries still work. Second, make sure that it gets enough power supply. And also don’t forget to clean your fan regularly.