Protecting your granite countertop is essential, especially if you don’t want to incur unnecessary expenses. You can use one of the best granite countertop sealer to preserve it against any damage from the regular wear and tear of daily use. Not only that, but it keeps granite countertops always looking brand new.
In a Hurry? Check Our Top 3 Picks!
- Aqua Mix Sealer's Choice Gold is a no-sheen,...
- Water-Based Formula is a world-wide best...
- Ideal for granite, limestone, marble, slate,...
- Easy to Use- Long Lasting Protection-...
- PROTECTS YOUR GRANITE against oil, coffee,...
- NON-TOXIC, NON –CORROSIVE IMPREGNATOR...
- T-One Tow Harness Connectors require no...
- Weatherproof, one-piece construction and a...
- 16 gauge bonded wire with 4-flat plug and...
15 Best Granite Countertop Sealer
Look no further, because we’ve compiled the best sealers out there. There are a lot of options to choose from, but we want to make sure you only buy the best countertop sealer.
The Aqua Mix Sealer is perfect for large surfaces, and it’s specifically designed to keep granite looking elegant and new all the time. The Aqua Mix is a water-based sealer, which makes sure that the coat will dry hard. The sealer is embedded deep in the granite, making the surface highly resistant against any damage. One layer of the Aqua Mix can protect your granite countertop up to 15 years, which is an excellent cost-saving sealer to have.
- Resistant against mildews and molds
- Can last up to 15 years
- Preserves the appearance of the granite
- It can be applied to different types of stone, not just granite.
- More than one coat needs to be applied
The Black Diamond Granite Sealer is one of the least harsh sealers today because it isn’t made with harsh chemicals and doesn’t leave a nasty odor. It’s a perfect sealer to use in kitchen countertops, especially if you have pets and children around. This water-based sealer is easy to apply because it comes in an easy spray bottle. When used properly, granite countertops are left with a hard finish and highly scratch resistant. This is considered as one of the best granite countertop sealer.
- Easy to apply
- Penetrates granite quickly, making it more durable and resistant
- Doesn’t expel a nasty odor
- Safe around, food, pets, and children
- Reapplication at least every four to six months
This granite countertop sealer is an all in one sealer because you can use it to clean, protect, and shine your countertops. You can use it on a wide range of stone surfaces with ease, and it can also remove any dirt on the surface without any problem. When applied, it provides an even coat so you won’t be seeing any streaks or uneven marks. The same goes for when you use it as a cleaner because you won’t see any smears or streaks. This is why it’s included in our best granite countertop sealer lists
- Leaves a nice and smooth finish
- Keeps surfaces shiny
- Provides an excellent layer of protection for granite countertops
- Can also be used as a cleaner for most countertops
- Can be used on most surfaces
- Inconsistent results
This water-based sealer is perfect to use on all types of stone, especially granite. You won’t have to worry about any discoloration because it is not an acid-based formula. It’s biodegradable and perfect for use around the kitchen because of its non-toxic formulation. However, to be safe, make sure to keep the sealer away from the reach of children and pets.
- Leaves a durable and hard finish
- Granite countertops look shinier
- Can be used in different stone materials, not just granite
- Safe to use around food
- Can be re-coated as fast as 20 minutes after drying
- Requires more than one coat
With the Miracle Sealant sealer, you won’t have to worry about reapplying it anytime soon. It can last up to 20 years as a water-resistant sealer and is also perfect for granite and other stone floorings. It’ll leave your surface looking smooth and shiny, protecting against unnecessary moisture. Unlike other sealers, the Miracle Sealant contains an ingredient that makes it resistant to UV light. The list of best granite countertop sealer won’t be complete with this sealer
- Water-resistant up to 20 years
- Offers great coverage
- Non-toxic and great for food preparation
- Preserves natural look and texture
- Protects against moisture
- Pricier than most sealers
The best thing about the More Premium Stone Sealer is its ability to enhance the beauty of granite countertops naturally. This best granite countertop cleaner contains polymers that are effective against stains, making it hard to penetrate the surface. With its spray bottle, it’s easy to apply an even coat of seal on the surface. Most importantly, it can be an all-in-one sealer because it can be used for all types of stones, whether indoor and outdoor. It was an easy entry for this seal into best granite countertop sealer list
- Naturally enhances granite or stone color
- Easy to apply on surfaces
- Doesn’t leave any haze, residue, or nasty smell
- Creates a barrier against any stains
- Perfect for kitchen use, and safe around food
- Requires longer drying time
This SCI Stone is an excellent cleaner and sealer for most stone countertops like granite and marble. You’ll only have to apply this best honed granite sealer every six months, but the whole process may take some days to finish. Before using the sealer, make sure to clean your counters properly for the best results.
- Water-based ingredient
- Prevents staining
- Can be used on different types of stone surfaces
- Water and oil repellent
- Prevents from accumulating moisture or let it seep in
- Not advisable for first-time seal use
The best sealer for leathered granite is the Stonetech Bulletproof. It’s effortless to apply this sealer, and it leaves a smooth layer on the surface, regardless of how it’s used. After the application, the sealer bonds with the surface and makes it tougher and more durable than most countertops. It also creates a beautiful and glossy look, highlighting the beauty of granite. You won’t have to worry about any discoloration, because this sealer can preserve its natural beauty.
- Can last up to three to five years
- Water-based formula
- Does not leave a nasty smell
- Quick-dry formulation
- All-around and easy to use granite sealer
- One of the pricier sealers in the market
Unlike other sealers, the formulation of Stone Care allows it to penetrate through the pores of the granite. Through this permanent granite sealer, it reinforces the granite and helps fight against stains and scratches over time. It’s also easy to apply a sealer, but must always be done on a dry surface. Even after many uses of your granite countertop, you’re assured that this sealer can keep it looking shiny and brand new.
- Free from ammonia and phosphate
- Can be used in different stone surfaces
- Easy to apply
- Penetrates the stone to protect it against stains or scratches adequately
- Safe to use on any food surfaces
- Requires up to 24 hours drying time
Compared to other solvent-based granite sealers, the Stone Pro is probably one of the most affordable options out there. This is one the best granite countertop sealer and known to be effective at repelling oil and water, keeping your surface sturdy and hard at all times. The watery consistency of the sealer makes it easy to apply consistently, and it won’t leave any foul odor. You can use a sponge mop to apply the sealer with the best results, and you won’t have to worry about leaving any uneven coat on the surface.
- Can be used both for indoor and outdoor surfaces
- Leaves a durable and sturdy protection
- Does not emit a nasty odor
- Perfect for food preparation surfaces
- Must be applied at least every after six months
The Supreme Surface Granite Sealer is one of the cheapest granite countertop sealer out there; however, it comes in a small package. Nevertheless, you can consider this granite countertop sealer as an all-in-one sealer that can clean, polish, and seal your granite. It’s easy to apply on any surface, mainly because of its spray bottle. However, you may need to use more than one coat time to ensure maximum protection for your granite surfaces.
- Great at cleaning surfaces
- Reapplication is easy
- Affordable than most sealers
- Environmentally friendly
- Does not emit a foul odor
- Requires more than one coat of application
Related read: How To Remove Hard Water Stains From Granite
The Tenax Granite Sealer offers excellent value for its price and is perfect for big projects. This non toxic granite sealer provides excellent coverage, even if you just apply one coat. It’s a superb sealer to use on large surfaces because it dries quickly and evenly. However, this sealer shouldn’t be used on food surfaces because it’s made with toxic ingredients. Make sure to use protective equipment when using it.
- Affordable options
- One-time application only for full coverage
- Exceptionally resistant against moisture
- Dries as fast as ten minutes
- Provides excellent coverage
- Made of toxic ingredients
The Tenax Ager is an excellent granite countertop sealer for preserving granite countertops. It intensifies the elegant look of granites because of its color enhancing effect and shiny finish. The sealer can even be used for outdoor surfaces, and it can help protect against any sun damage. The best thing about the sealer is that it can last for a long time and retains the original color of your granite without any problem.
- Natural color enhancing effect
- Can be used both indoors and outdoors
- Provides a rich and deep color
- Hides any scratches
- Provides a nice and shiny coverage
- Subsequent applications won’t produce great results
This granite countertop sealer functions both as a sealer and protector. Once applied to countertops, it can seep through the pores of the stone and seal them. Not only that, but it also provides an additional layer of protection on your countertop for excellent protection. The granite countertop sealer comes in a spray bottle, making it easier to apply. However, for best results, a soft brush or damp cloth should be used. Unlike other sealers, this granite countertop sealer is relatively cheap and doesn’t provide a bright and shiny finish.
- Easy to dry
- Can be used on grout
- Seals and protects granite countertops
- Safe to use on food surfaces
- Affordable price
- No consistent, clear finish
This water-based carbon resin based granite sealer formula is a non-toxic sealer and is easy to apply on any surface. It can penetrate through any material and help preserve the natural beauty of your granite countertop. But if there’s one thing this granite countertop sealer is great for, is its excellent waterproofing abilities. You can use it on grout surfaces, and it does a great job of repelling water.
- Provides great water protection
- Works well on grout surfaces
- Protects against moisture
- Non-toxic material and doesn’t emit any odor
- Uses twice as much active ingredient as others
- Thin coating if not applied properly
Advantages of Using Granite
Using granite has a lot of benefits compared to other materials, and its surface is usually more resistant against ordinary wear and tear. Its material is made with hard and tough material, resistant against any cracks, scratches, and stains. Most importantly, granite countertops cracks are easy to repair with strong adhesive.
Easy to Clean
People often wonder how to clean granite countertops, but it’s very easy. You don’t need a lot of time to clean granite, and you only need to wipe the dirt away without scrubbing it. You’ll only be needing the essential cleaning materials, such as dishwashing liquid and sponge to clean on the counterparts. In case there are hard residues on the countertop, you can use acetone and a washcloth to remove the residue.
Granite sealers make it hard for stains to saturate in the area. Without granite sealer, your countertops can get stained easily by coffee, wine, oil, and other substances. To prevent this from happening, make sure to clean the surface immediately.
Resistance to Heat
Granite countertops can withstand heat up to 1,200 ºF. You won’t have a hard time placing any pots or pans on the countertop. Nevertheless, it’s still advisable not to keep heated materials on top of the countertops for too long.
Wear and tear
Unlike most materials, granite isn’t susceptible to the typical wear and tear. It preserves its elegance longer than other materials, mainly when a granite sealer is applied. However, be wary that some granites have tiny holes where substances like oils or stain may seep in. Cleaning your countertop regularly and applying a sealer can help prevent elements from seeping in.
What Granite Sealers are Made of
Granite sealers are usually made of resin that is dissolved in water. It contains an ingredient called “Fluoropolymer,” which is resistant to acids and solvents. Choosing a water-based “Fluoropolymer” can protect granite countertops for more than 5 five years. Most importantly, this ingredient gives countertops and extra-strong layer and seal protection.
Film-forming sealers are commonly used for decorative concrete and are available in two versions: solvent and water-based. This type of sealer can range from thick to thin and leaves a sheen, which highlights the color of the granite it was used on.
You may also like best Over The Sink Dish Racks
Penetrating sealers can be used as a liquid repellant, and helps moisture escape from the countertop. This type of sealer is best used outdoors because it can withstand exposure to different environmental conditions.
How to Select the Best Granite Sealer
When selecting the best granite sealer, make sure to choose one which provides the best protection against different types of substances. But at the same time, you want to make sure that it’s safe to use around food and children.
Non-toxic granite sealers can perform just as well as others, and it’s a great alternative. There are 100% natural granite sealers that don’t contain harsh and harmful chemicals. Not only that but non-toxic granite sealers can help save on labor cost. Moreover, non-toxic sealers are safe to use around food when cooking.
The best granite sealer consumer reports show that it can preserve granite countertops and make it look beautiful over time. Make sure to select a granite sealer that prevents water, oils, and other substances, from contaminating the surface.
Easy Care guide for Granite Countertops
If you want to preserve your granite countertops and make it look beautiful over time, here are a few steps you can follow.
- Clean Daily
Don’t forget to wipe your granite countertops clean using a damp cloth and a drop of dishwashing soap, every time you use it. You don’t need to use harsh chemicals or specialized cleaning agents.
- Weekly Deep Clean
Make sure to deep clean your granite countertops every week, to remove any hard residue that might have stuck to the surface.
- Scheduled Granite Sealing
Don’t forget to schedule a granite sealing for your countertops, at least every 6 to 24 months. Doing this helps preserve your countertops and remove cracks or germs that might have settled on the surface.
Almost everyone wants to use a granite countertop, not just because it’s elegant to look at, but it’s a sturdy material to have. Granite countertops are an investment because you can use it up to many years, mainly if you apply a granite the best granite countertop sealer.